Friday, October 9, 2009

Week 7: The Surrealist Aesthetic

Hello all,
Sorry about my lateness with this post - I am trying to get rid of some nasty cold / seasonal allergy (I'm allergic to cold weather!) and it has kept me down and out for the best part of the week. Well, here are a few of my favorite surrealist images from this week.


You'll notice that one of them is not actually from the website... I realized that everything I had created was slightly more unsettling and nightmarish than what others were coming up with; so I decided to go all-out in Photoshop and create something weird using real photographic images. (sort of a "realist/surrealism..?)

Hence the stormy, apocalyptic little number called Day Eleven. (shown here) The figure is supposed to be made of rock, sand, barnacles and seaweed, and represent a "the ocean's interpretation" of a human. Weird, but fun to do. There is another version of it on FotoThing with a different color cast to it. Really fun assignment!!

5 comments:

KK said...

nice pictures. hope you feel better :)

cvereen77 said...

I found all of your postings on fotothing interesting but the last one with the dinosaur runnning on the water was really great. I also liked the one depicting the man made out of sea matter. Great pictures. Feel better soon. I have enjoyed looking at each and every one of your photos.

Danyelle said...

Hi Chuck.. These are great. Your creativity really stands out.. I hope you feel better soon..

Jerry said...

Great Chuck,

Most folks don't have Photoshop, much less know how to use it... hence the Atheneum site.... Super work....I like your photoshop piece.

joe cullen said...

Good work Chuck, I especially like your own creation! It looks like a scene from one of those disaster movies.