Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week 1: Self-Portrait



Hello! My name is Cheryl Vereen. I am a senior at Albertus and striving to obtain my Bachelor's Degree in the spring. I currently work for the New Haven Board of Education as an assistant teacher in the area of special education. I have 4 grown children and 6 grandchildren. Getting my degree is something that I have dreamed of for a very long time. Photography interests me because a picture can say many things and can hold valuable memories. I bought a digital camera about 2 years ago and never really learned how to use the various settings. This course will force me to have to learn more about my camera, how to get that perfect shot, and I can use these tools to take better photos. I like all kinds of pictures from landscape to nature to family, and the list continues. I am positive this will be a great learning experience. It took a while for me to learn how to use fotothing, but I finally got it.

3 comments:

C.M. Franke said...

Hello Cheryl,

I put off getting my degree for a long time as well. Now I am finishing up my SECOND one. So I guess the old saying is true, "Now is as perfect a time as any."

Great comment about taking better photos. I look at things I have done that look OKay, but I am always thinking: "Yeah... but I could have done it differently." Thats what I love about photography - Always trying to improve and grow creatively.

Oh well, just my $.02

Jerry said...

Hi Cheryl... Welcome!

Be sure to check out the video I just made on how to use Picasa....

You will be amazed what you'll be able to accomplish after taking this class!

KK said...

Hi Cheryl, Chuck and Jerry, I finally got my post on the class blog :) It was something simple, just didn't recieve the email with the link. I was stressed over nothing.
I agree with you guys, I want to be able to take better photos as well. It will be fun to get to know each other through class. Have a great weekend everyone.