Thursday, August 27, 2009

A little bit about me

Hello fellow photographers!
My name is Chuck Franke, and I have been involved with photography for most of my life, in one form or another. I have gone through "all of the stages" as the famed Chuck Delaney calls them: Obsessing over the art, Obsessing over the equipment, Obsessing over lighting, Obsessing over the business, and now I am finally back to obsessing over the art again. While I do make money at photography, I do not feel that anyone can ever stop learning about the art of creating images. I honestly look forward to this class because already it has me re-examining my approach to this facinating art, and exploring it on levels that I have not had opportunity to for quite some time.
Here you see a shot of myself taken by holding the camera out at arm's length while trying to look "natural." My FotoThing name/address is SereneWolf, so please feel free to add me as 'friend'. I shot a number of other self-portraits for the week's allotment; You'll find them on my FotoThing page, although this is pretty much what I look like, so it is what it is, I guess. I do not always have this "...does this look like I am not holding a camera at arm's length?" face, however.

This should be an awesome experience, and I look forward to working, learning, and creatively growing with all of you!

4 comments:

C.M. Franke said...

http://www.fotothing.com/SereneWolf

Danyelle said...

Hi Chuck..

How are you? I haven't seen you since the Associates Program.. This is my last elective in the Bachelor's Program and I am so ready to get started. You know I am already having trouble uploading photos but I am sure I am going to get through it.. I look forward to working with you again..

Danyelle

Jerry said...

Good post Chuck... Welcome to class again!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the work you'll be doing in the upcoming weeks....

KK said...

Hi guys, my fotothing name is kknighten. I am having trouble with this whole google follower thing.
Chuck, your pics are very nice.