Sunday, August 30, 2009




Hi all. My name is Nancy. This is my third year at Albertus, and my major is English. I am hoping to go onto law school after I get my bachelors degree. In general, I have an aversion to cameras, including taking pictures and being in them, and I am hoping that this class will help me become more comfortable with photography. I have a five year old daughter, so you can see how not taking pictures is just unacceptable at this point. It’s not that I don’t like taking pictures, it’s just that I find myself too caught up in the moment to stop enjoying what is happening, and reach for my camera. But, over the past few years, I’ve missed countless opportunities to document some once in a life time things that now I can’t get back. I am hoping that this class will help develop my skills and also my appreciation for photography.

1 comment:

C.M. Franke said...

The great thing about photography is that you get to be BEHIND the camera. ( I try to stay out from in front of it myself..!) LOL!
But I know what you mean about not wanting to leave the action to stand there aiming a camera. Its easy when you are there JUST to take pictures, but I can imagine how hard it is when it is family, and you want to just enjoy the moment.