Wednesday, September 2, 2009

camera question:

Im not sure if Im suppose to post this here but I figured id give it a shot.
Does anyone have pointers on getting well focused picture, close up or when I zoom close in.
I have a Nikon Coolpic s550, but I dont have the book anymore.
Ive never had to take pictures close up, but I was trying to yesterday, and 80% or more came out blurry. I know theres a macro option, but I dont remember where to find it, and the menu isnt very user friendly for me.

Thanks

4 comments:

C.M. Franke said...

The selection wheel on the back of the camera ( the one with the little "OK" button in the center...) on the bottom of that should be a symbol / icon that looks like a little tulip flower. That's your macro setting. If I am correct, you should be able to press that and a little tulip flower avatar will pop up on your LCD screen letting you know the camera is set for macro. You *should* be good to within an inch or so. Maybe closer. I used to sell Nikon CoolPix cameras, but that was back around 2001, and long before the S550, so they may be capable of even closer work now.

C.M. Franke said...

PS, trust me: Nikon menus are not all that friendly, period. I love Nikon, but I gotta be honest with you, they take some getting used to, and are not always the most intuitive in terms of menus. Once you get it tho, you'll be able to do it in the dark with your eyes closed. (not the best for the photos, but...)

Jerry said...

Chuck just gave a complete answer... yes you have to set it to macro... (find the tulip) You need to hold you hand steady and gently squeeze the shutter too... you could jar the camera and blur the picture if not careful... finally there needs to be enough light... if it is low light the shutter will be slow, giving you a blurred picture!

Katie Fritz said...

Thank You all so much... That is very helpful!