Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 6: The Digital Portrait

Hey all,

Here are a few of my favorite shots from this week's assignment. This is the first time I have ever shot images like this strictly using natural light and no flash whatsoever. I wanted to go about it as if I was a fashion photographer out shooting a magazine cover, so I called on the amazing "LittleWing" to model for me.
These are what I came up with - strictly with natural light and two Nikons. This was truly fun, and I just may do more of the total natural light shooting as it does look much more real than the over-produced (a perfect description) stuff that we see so often!











8 comments:

C.M. Franke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry said...

Super, Chuck... They are all good... I love the one of her in the leotard against the wall... did you know Leana from other classes?

C.M. Franke said...

Actually we have been friends for a while. I sometimes hang out with her brother Justin and her cousin Dirk. I really liked the way we hit the exactly right lighting at just the right time to create these. This was a case of 'everything all coming together just right'

C.M. Franke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cvereen77 said...

These are great pictures. I love the lighting and the natural look of them all. The different poses look well thought-out.I'm still trying to get participation from my family to at least let me post the pictures until the class is over and then I'll remove them. Job well-done.

C.M. Franke said...

Yeah, that is always a tough scene! SO MANY people freak out when you mention taking their photo. All I can say is : Believe me: I have been there.

Danyelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danyelle said...

Chuck all of your photos that are posted on fotothing that you took of lttle wing are beautiful. Nice Work..