Thursday, September 24, 2009

God is in the Details: The Macro Project

Hello everybody,


Here are a couple of shots from the macro-photography assignment. I shot another that was intended to look like a crime scene from the television show CSI Miami (complete with brownish warm tone) and another shot of a wood spider that is probably not the best thing for anyone who is arachnaphobic... (Personally, I think the spider was far more afraid of the big creature with the camera looming in on it, however)


I shot these with a Panasonic Lumix. But I really want to now try some stuff with an ancient,
manual focus (and metered) Nikkor 55mm Micro lens and Pk-3 extender! Hopefully I can crank out some shots with that bad-boy!

8 comments:

leroyh007 said...

I like your selections, nice shots.

cvereen77 said...

This week, I strictly stuck with florals. I see your creativity here in your choices. You have a very good eye, great talent, and you put a lot of thought behind each picture you take. I love the simplicity of the lock and keys. Great idea!

cvereen77 said...

I picked a few of my personal favorites and wrote comments about your pictures on fotothing. Talk about macro! Great job on all the photos, especially the fly caught in the spider's web.

Danyelle said...

I must agree with the two comments above.. Who would have thought a set of keys and a lock would be so interesting. You've opened up a new eye for me. I am starting to see objects in a different view. Great work Chuck..

C.M. Franke said...

Thanks, I tried using the Nikkor MICRO lens on the D-90 and it did not function. I am guessing that this is an old F-bayonette lens with manual everything, and Nikon's new G-mount ring with electronic matrixed everything just wont acknowledge it... Oh well. Too bad - this thing lets you get close enough to those keys to count the grinder's marks! I could have re-shot that spider by looking her in the eyes (all eight of them...)

C.M. Franke said...

Thanks, I tried using the Nikkor MICRO lens on the D-90 and it did not function. I am guessing that this is an old F-bayonette lens with manual everything, and Nikon's new G-mount ring with electronic matrixed everything just wont acknowledge it... Oh well. Too bad - this thing lets you get close enough to those keys to count the grinder's marks! I could have re-shot that spider by looking her in the eyes (all eight of them...)

joe cullen said...

Good job on the photos, I especially like the needle & thread and the b&w bullet casing!

Jerry said...

I have an old DCS 460... the Kodak 6 mp digital back that attaches to a Nikon N90s... i have the 55mm macro and an extender ring... I found that putting it in manual and exposing it around ISO 6 using an outboard meter worked pretty well for me... the close ups of the sunflower I posted to fotothing were done that way....

Nice work, btw.